Become a Volunteer Stream Steward: Workshops in April and May
The weather is warming, and that means it’s almost stream monitoring season! From May to October, our 180+ volunteer stream monitors collect monthly data about the health of our streams across the Rock River Basin. Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources and various county Land and Water Conservation Departments use the data to better understand watershed protection and restoration needs.
Want to help protect a stream near you? Consider attending one of our hands-on training workshops for new volunteers. By the end of the workshop, you’ll know how to measure water quality and be ready to adopt your own stream monitoring site. No experience or equipment needed!
Interested? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to register for a workshop by clicking below.
Stream Monitoring Workshop Dates
- Saturday, April 30: Waunakee (Dane County)
- Sunday, May 1: Watertown (Dodge/Jefferson County)
- Saturday, May 7: Janesville (Rock County)
- Saturday, May 7: Waukesha (Waukesha County)
- Saturday, May 14: Waterloo (Jefferson County)
- Saturday, May 21: Burnett (Dodge County)
Click here for a full list of upcoming Rock River Coalition events and workshops.